Real estate and construction business is undergoing continuous regulatory changes (i.e., registration of property rights to real estate, state supervision over construction activities, etc.), and we understand how important it is for our clients to stay up-to-date on regulations governing this industry.
Whether our client is a real estate developer or constructor, property manager or investor, buyer or seller, or a financial institution that provides financing for acquisition of real estate assets or corporate rights in real estate owner, our Real Estate practice team provides legal advice and transactional support tailored to specific business needs of such clients. We provide services on all legal aspects of real estate business in Ukraine, including:
- due diligence in respect of ownership rights over real estate objects, such as land, industrial assets, buildings, etc.;
- sale and purchase agreements in respect of objects of real estate or corporate rights in real estate holding companies,
- lease agreements on behalf of both landlords and lessees,
- real estate acquisition finance documents including credit and mortgage agreements, and
- real estate insurance policies;
- registration of property rights to real estate; and
- advising businesses operating in real estate sector on any issues pertaining to their operations.
We successfully represent both foreign investors and local developers in cross-border transactions due to coordinated efforts among our Real Estate, Banking and Finance, and Corporate practices. PHENOMENA’s recent experience in Real Estate includes the following assignments:
- due diligence of 62 industrial real estate objects forming an integral property complex (chemical plant), in the context of financing transaction where the above-mentioned real estate objects were mortgaged to secure repayment of US$50 million credit facility;
- advising IFIs (international financial institutions) and foreign ECAs (export credit agencies) in relation to construction of, and perfection of title to, several grain silos with a total value around US$100 million; and
- conducting on behalf of foreign lenders (as beneficiaries) negotiations with Ukrainian insurance companies (AXA Insurance, Salamandra-Ukraine, Uniqa, etc.) regarding insurance of real estate objects with a total value over US$80 million.